Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by shzh zhao <ao...@gmail.com> on 2012/05/08 08:03:02 UTC

Are there 3 wiki websites?

hi,

Are there 3 wiki websites? What is the difference?
1. http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/
2. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/
3. https://cwiki.apache.org

--
*

mailto: *aoo.zhaoshzh@gmail.com <https://google.com/profiles>
 <https://google.com/profiles>

Re: Are there 3 wiki websites?

Posted by drew <dr...@baseanswers.com>.
On Tue, 2012-05-08 at 14:14 +0800, Zhe Liu wrote:
> 2012/5/8 shzh zhao <ao...@gmail.com>:
> > hi,
> >
> > Are there 3 wiki websites? What is the difference?
> > 1. http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/
> It's not AOO wiki.

but it was and is part of the OpenOffice.org community.

//drew

Re: Are there 3 wiki websites?

Posted by eric b <er...@free.fr>.
Hello,

Le 9 mai 12 à 07:35, Wolf Halton a écrit :

> At least 3 wikis.
> Ooo4kids is a different organization that is aimed at a younger
> demographic. I do not know a lot about their mission.

Was: Innovate, and attract new developers for OpenOffice.org. The
idea was to create a "Lab" to innovate, without disturb the
production, and without QA and other boring thing. Only try new
ideas, and do it.

Historicaly, in the previous OpenOffice.org time, was the
OpenOffice.org Education Project. We did a lot to attract new devs,
and when we started to obtain results (see [1] ), came the time were
some people blocked any initiative we had inside OpenOffice.org or a
lot of dark reasons**.  The first thing was to avoid us to manage our
own project.

Other bad knocks we received were: not help us seriously for
attending OOoCon, fr project blocking us, forum never mentionning
OOo4Kids and a lot of little things, who obviously show the limits of
"Open source world".

As answer, the only way to be "free" to innovate, was to create an
external site :  OOo4Kids, EducOOo an OOoLight were born, thus the wiki.

since the time, I'm even convinced that OOo4Kids, OOoLight and
EducOOo (the non profit association around all of that), are more
neutral than all the other actors ( Apache OpenOffice, LO - companies
controled- and some other included)

Everything on this wiki is here to be shared, and looks like it
works : some pages have been read a lot of times (see [2], [3], [4],
[5] and [6] for example).

The bad thing is : people forget to mention us, nor say thank you. I
even bet a lot of "easy hacks" in LO would not have been possible
without these pages ;-)

> Wiki.services.openoffice.org is for how-to articles about using
> openoffice and existed in similar form when Sun owned the
> openoffice project.

Do you mean it is obsolete ?

> cwiki is about/for designing and developing the programs in the
> apache openoffice suite.

I know this one : you must be dev to be able to write something ->
not very attractive imho.

Regards,
Eric

Relevant links :

[1] : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/Applications/CentraleNantes
[2] : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/
PasswordProtectedPreferences  (seen > 32,000 times)
[3] : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/AddNewCursors  (seen >
17,000 times )

Other various links :

[4] : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/NewWriterWizard ( seen
[5] : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/ImproveMathEquationEditor
[6] : http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/index.php/IconLibrary/
ApplicationAndDocumentsIcons

--
qɔᴉɹə
Blog : http://eric.bachard.org/news

Re: Are there 3 wiki websites?

Posted by Wolf Halton <wo...@gmail.com>.
At least 3 wikis.
Ooo4kids is a different organization that is aimed at a younger
demographic. I do not know a lot about their mission.

Wiki.services.openoffice.org is for how-to articles about using openoffice
and existed in similar form when Sun owned the openoffice project.

cwiki is about/for designing and developing the programs in the apache
openoffice suite.

Cheers,
Wolf

Re: Are there 3 wiki websites?

Posted by Zhe Liu <al...@gmail.com>.
2012/5/8 shzh zhao <ao...@gmail.com>:
> hi,
>
> Are there 3 wiki websites? What is the difference?
> 1. http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/
It's not AOO wiki.
> 2. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/
It's AOO wiki which is migrated from the old OpenOffice.org. It's for
all users, developers and other contributors
> 3. https://cwiki.apache.org
It's AOO wiki. It's just for project development and management.

> --
> *
>

> mailto: *aoo.zhaoshzh@gmail.com <https://google.com/profiles>
>  <https://google.com/profiles>

If I'm wrong, pls correct me.

--
Best Regards

Re: Are there 3 wiki websites?

Posted by Shane Curcuru <as...@shanecurcuru.org>.
Excellent question!

On 2012-05-08 2:03 AM, shzh zhao wrote:
> hi,
>
> Are there 3 wiki websites? What is the difference?
> 1. http://wiki.ooo4kids.org/

This is not part of the Apache OpenOffice project.  Eric b has already
noted it's from the OOo4Kids project, which is a separate organization
that builds software based on OOo (and we hope in the future based on AOO).

> 2. http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/

This is part of the Apache OpenOffice project.  It is the old OOo wiki
from the Sun/Oracle days, and includes all the old content, and is
partly updated to reflect some of the new development happening on
future AOO releases.

> 3. https://cwiki.apache.org

This is an official wiki used by many different Apache projects.  A
better link for Apache OpenOffice podling is:

   https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/OOOUSERS/Help+Wanted

Note: In general, if the domain name of the website does not end in
.apache.org, then it is *not* part of any Apache project.  The
.openoffice.org domain name is one of the very few exceptions; this
domain *is* part of the Apache OpenOffice podling.

- Shane