Posted to dev@hive.apache.org by Damien Carol <dc...@blitzbs.com> on 2015/02/23 18:33:58 UTC

Empty result pb

Hi,

I'm facing a particularly annoying bug with Beeline and CLI.

I'm using Hadoop 2.5.1 and Hive 1.0.0 (Tez 0.5.3) without any pb.

But I'm currently testing going to Hadoop 2.6.0.

I testing Hadoop 2.6.0 with combination of Hive 1.1/1.2-SNAPSHOT and Tez
0.5.3/Tez0.6.0.

Here is my problem :
Every query I make on Hadoop 2.6.0, I'm getting an empty result. If the
result is a simple Fetch, I can see data. But, if Tez is used in the query
I have this problem.

For example, if I do this :

SELECT id, count(*) as nb FROM bar GROUP BY id => empty result, I can see
the right headers (id, _c1)

but if I do this :

CREATE TABLE foo AS
SELECT id, count(*) as nb FROM bar GROUP BY id

I can see data in foo table and a simple "select" in foo table give me the
right result.

I crawled user mailing list without success. I tried to restart all nodes
in the cluster, removing all jars in HDFS without success.

I see no solutions. Any tips on my problem ? Or what should I check in
configuration?

Regards,

Damien CAROL

   - tél : +33 (0)4 74 96 88 14