Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com> on 2014/03/31 19:30:50 UTC

What is _missing_revs and how is it different from _revs_diff?

I just discovered a “/db/_missing_revs” endpoint in the API spec[1]. It looks as though it’s mostly identical to _revs_diff. Is this new? And what’s the advantage over _revs_diff? The response contains less information.

(Actually, I discovered _missing_revs via a bug report from a user who found CouchDB’s replicator sending it to the Couchbase Sync Gateway, which doesn’t have any handler for it. Oops.)

—Jens

[1]: http://docs.couchdb.org/en/latest/api/database/misc.html#db-missing-revs

Re: What is _missing_revs and how is it different from _revs_diff?

Posted by Jens Alfke <je...@couchbase.com>.
On Mar 31, 2014, at 11:10 AM, Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org> wrote:

> Old, I believe. It predates _revs_diff. I think this around when filipe made major improvements to the replicator.

Yes, I just heard back from the dev who reported this, saying that it turned out his Ubuntu box had CouchDB 1.0.1 on it — apparently it’s the latest version available in the package manager on Ubuntu 12.04. He upgraded to 1.2 and the problem went away.

—Jens

Re: What is _missing_revs and how is it different from _revs_diff?

Posted by Robert Samuel Newson <rn...@apache.org>.
Old, I believe. It predates _revs_diff. I think this around when filipe made major improvements to the replicator.

B.