Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Ellis Pritchard <el...@nukinetics.com> on 2007/06/12 17:01:08 UTC

2.1.X branch snapshots not up to date?

Hi,

Using the latest snapshot from:

http://svn.apache.org/snapshots/cocoon-BRANCH_2_1_X/

following the link from:

http://cocoon.apache.org/mirror.cgi

I find that I have version 524153 of
org.apache.cocoon.template.script.DefaultScriptManager.java (the one
that broke the branch), instead of the latest, fixed, version from
the SVN, 525935.

Are the nightly snapshots not being updated?

Ellis.

Re: 2.1.X branch snapshots not up to date?

Posted by Bertrand Delacretaz <bd...@apache.org>.
On 6/12/07, Ellis Pritchard <el...@nukinetics.com> wrote:

> ...I find that I have version 524153 of
> org.apache.cocoon.template.script.DefaultScriptManager.java (the one
> that broke the branch), instead of the latest, fixed, version from
> the SVN, 525935...

confirmed, I just downloaded

http://svn.apache.org/snapshots/cocoon-BRANCH_2_1_X/cocoon-BRANCH_2_1_X_20070612102108.tar.gz

and checked file

src/blocks/template/java/org/apache/cocoon/template/script/DefaultScriptManager.java

and it's different from the one we have in SVN.

The SVN log of that file says

r525935 | vgritsenko | 2007-04-05 21:20:37 +0200 (Thu, 05 Apr 2007) | 3 lines

remove externals from the template block,
copy latest 2.1 compatible code (r524152).

So maybe removing externals broke the script that prepares the
snapshots, causing it to use old versions?

Does anyone know where to look, or where to zap the svn sandbox used
to create the snapshots so that it can start fresh?

If not I'll create an infra issue.

-Bertrand