Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com> on 2014/06/10 11:12:14 UTC

[5.4-beta-10] providedChecksum is always different from the actualChecksum for a specific asset

I places an asset file in my *META-INF/assets/js* folder beneath my
resources folder

This file name is *jquey.min.map* (It doesn't end with a .js)

I made sure multiple times that the asset is in place and that its even
transferred to maven's target/classes folder, but I'm still facing an issue
that its not found.

I debugged tapestry's code and found that the following method always
returns *false*

org.apache.tapestry5.internal.services.ResourceStreamerImpl.streamResource(StreamableResource,
> String, Set<Options>)

Exactly out of this boolean check

if (providedChecksum.length() > 0 &&
> !providedChecksum.equals(actualChecksum)){
>     return false;
> }

The *providedChecksum* and *actualChecksum* are always different. I tried
to debug more and found that the checksum in the asset's URL doesn't match
the actualChecksum value.

Here the URL's checksum was *z24c89e49* while it was expected to be
*764b65d5*
http://localhost:8080/adminlte/assets/meta/*z24c89e49*/js/jquery.min.map

So manually I tried this URL
http://localhost:8080/adminlte/assets/meta/*764b65d5*/js/jquery.min.map

But then it didn't work either and the *actualChecksum* had another
different checksum !...so I manually tried the new *actualChecksum*
http://localhost:8080/adminlte/assets/meta/*1d517a92*/js/jquery.min.map

And it worked !! I tried debugging again from the beginning and I had the
same scenario going.

A considerable change I've made is that I disabled the built-in bootstrap
module

configuration.override(SymbolConstants.BOOTSTRAP_ROOT,
> "classpath:/META-INF/assets");

...and found that tapestry was looking for some files that I didn't have
like *transition.js* but I can't remember if it asked for more new files.
But I know that I created an empty file called *transtion.js* empty, and I
renamed bootstrap's JS and CSS file to be *bootstrap.css* and *bootstrap.js*
instead of the template's original *bootstrap.min.css* and
*bootstrap.min.js* (I had to fix their names in Layout.java too)

I can't remember exactly the changed files because the template I'm trying
to apply using tapestry has numerous files. How further can investigate
this behavior ? Did I override disable Tapestry's bootstrap in a wrong way ?

*---------------------*
*Muhammad Gelbana*
http://www.linkedin.com/in/mgelbana

Re: [5.4-beta-10] providedChecksum is always different from the actualChecksum for a specific asset

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_ETag

--
Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo
http://machina.com.br

Re: [5.4-beta-10] providedChecksum is always different from the actualChecksum for a specific asset

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Muhammad Gelbana <m....@gmail.com>.

Posted by Kristian Marinkovic <kr...@gmail.com>.