Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org> on 2018/02/24 17:35:00 UTC

How to get assets (svg, png,...) inside *-js.swc and *-swf.swc libraries

Hi,

the final "environment" problem I've is that SVGs that I put in
src/main/resources/assets are not in
final VividBlueTheme-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT-js.swc

I see it copied to target/classes as usual in maven build, but are not part
of the theme swc file.

it's something missing in the theme implementation? or maybe something I
need to setup in pom.xml?

thanks

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: How to get assets (svg, png,...) inside *-js.swc and *-swf.swc libraries

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

I think could be ok to have js and swf folders, ...although maybe the most
important thing in structure is the where to copy resources so final
outputs could grab only one copy of them and JS, SWF, WEBASM, and others
techs to come can grab it.

Maybe we should discuss this to find the right structure in output folder
so we get only one copy of resources and the best access to them by JS,
SWF, WEBASM and future outputs

thanks

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Justin,

we're using resources when using maven. In fact I use it to bundle
resources in theme SWC.
The problem we're discussing now is about for Apps to retrieve "assets"
from inside the theme SWC.

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
ok Alex, maybe not necessary right now. If we start to get some decent
output tied to images in SWF, that could change

thanks

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Hi Jason,

Posted by Jason Guild <ja...@alaska.gov>.
Alex:

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
Forking SVG to its own thread.  Thoughts on the asset question below.

On 2/26/18, 1:45 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
<carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:

>Hi Alex,
>
>many thanks, just test and this is working fine! :)
>
>One more thing to think about now that we get to this point. In order for
>SWF and JS versions to share the same assets...should we move swf to the
>same folder than "assets"?...or maybe put assets (and maybe CSS) directly
>on "target" folder? So any output could grab a the same assets folder (or
>in other words, to avoid copying 2, 3 or more versions of the same files)

The JS compiler is setup as a bundle with a Compiler and a Publisher.  The
compiler outputs a single .js file per .as or .mxml file and then if no
errors are found the Publisher copies the goog files from Google Closure
Library, copies assets from the file system and now, copies assets from
SWC files.  It also outputs the final CSS file and handles the HTML
template.

I've been pondering the notion of wrapping the SWF compiler in a Publisher
as well.  It would be set up the same way as the JS compiler.  If the SWF
compile complete, the Publisher goes to work.  A SWF publisher would copy
assets from the file system and SWCs and would know how to fix up the
SWFObject template and AIR -app.xml templates.  The upside of a publisher
getting a hand-off from the compiler is that the publisher often wants to
know information discovered during the compile, such as the width and
height of the Application if it is fixed size, and also a background
color.  Right now, there is an Ant task that can fix up the SWFObject
template and FlashBuilder knows how as well.  I assume the other IDEs know
how to fix up the SWFObject template as well.  But building that into the
Publisher would save some configuration hassle for the user.  The only
downside I've thought of is just that it is weird to have a publisher
attached to the compiler.  I don't think most compilers have a publisher.

Really, though, for now, I'm not sure how essential a SWF-side publisher
really would be.   I'm not sure how many people are going to run the SWF
version and how painful it would be to just use Maven or Ant and copy the
asset folder.  I think even FB has a post-compile step that could
potentially be used to copy things from bin/js-debug to bin-debug.

Of course, I could be wrong...

-Alex

Re: How to get assets (svg, png,...) inside *-js.swc and *-swf.swc libraries

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

many thanks, just test and this is working fine! :)

One more thing to think about now that we get to this point. In order for
SWF and JS versions to share the same assets...should we move swf to the
same folder than "assets"?...or maybe put assets (and maybe CSS) directly
on "target" folder? So any output could grab a the same assets folder (or
in other words, to avoid copying 2, 3 or more versions of the same files)

I'm thinking in make JS and SWF version and try to match both, but for this
I need to know how I can load the SVG from Flash. Right now is referenced
in CSS, but don't know if SWF version can handle as well SVGs in CSS. If is
possible that would be great since will make the creation of themes more
easy

Thanks

Ca

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.
It is true that copying assets is not normally the job of the compiler,
but ignoring SWF output for now, the JS compiler certainly copies lots of
files around.

It should be simple to have the JS compiler copy EVERY asset out of EVERY
theme swc.  Harder would be figuring out exactly which assets were needed
by reading the final CSS file.

On 2/24/18, 12:44 PM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Gabe,

Posted by Gabe Harbs <ha...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Alex,

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@codeoscopic.com>.
I get it with:

<include-file>
<name>assets/*</name>
<path>../src/main/resources/assets/*</path>
</include-file>

Thanks!

Carlos

> I think any assets need to be listed in the <include-files> in the pom.xml
> (and for Ant, the src/main/config/compile*.xml files).
> AFAIK, there is no automatic including.  I believe you can use wildcards
> in the <include-files>.
>
> -Alex
>
> On 2/24/18, 9:35 AM, "carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of Carlos Rovira"
> <carlos.rovira@gmail.com on behalf of carlosrovira@apache.org> wrote:
>
> >Hi,
> >
> >the final "environment" problem I've is that SVGs that I put in
> >src/main/resources/assets are not in
> >final VividBlueTheme-0.9.2-SNAPSHOT-js.swc
> >
> >I see it copied to target/classes as usual in maven build, but are not
> >part
> >of the theme swc file.
> >
> >it's something missing in the theme implementation? or maybe something I
> >need to setup in pom.xml?
> >

> >thanks
> >
> >--
> >Carlos Rovira
> >https://na01.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=
> http%3A%2F%2Fabout.me%2
> >Fcarlosrovira&data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%
> 7C973b4725aeaf4542d16308d5
> >7bacfdd8%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C0%
> 7C636550905283794125&s
> >data=GeImt6g%2FONQJO8aKdkb%2BR8LgspIJ4jimlwrweM%2BCV8M%3D&reserved=0

--

<http://www.codeoscopic.com>

Carlos Rovira

Director General

M: +34 607 22 60 05

http://www.codeoscopic.com

Conócenos en 1 minuto! <https://avant2.es/#video>

proceda a su destrucción.

necesaria.

Re: How to get assets (svg, png,...) inside *-js.swc and *-swf.swc libraries

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Piotr,

but this is not the same problem. I managed something similar to yours when
"introducing assets in theme SWC". Then I use maven to copy assets to SWC.
But the actual problem is "copying the assets inside a theme SWC to final
Royale App (JS or SWF)", so compiler needs to extract from SWC theme and
copy to output folder

in the other hand  some CSS rules gives problems. I found various when
tried to make MDLBlogExample. This will become problematic at some time
when people try to enter some advanced selectors in CSS, or maybe even soon
if I need some of that while doing Theme final work on visuals. At some
time will need to start raising bugs to solve it

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.

--

Piotr Zarzycki