Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by "ravishankar, narayanan nair" <ra...@crimsonlogic.com> on 2004/10/02 10:22:00 UTC

Advantages of Subversion

Hi all,

Where I can get a full comparative study between the CVS and Subversion.
I am deeply interested to know the differences and move to installations
of SUBVERSION in our corporate infrastructure. The article is for
submitting a report to the management regarding this, please help with
some links or articles if you have, thanks

Best regards,
Ravi

Re: Advantages of Subversion

Posted by Patrick Smears <pa...@ensoft.co.uk>.
On Sat, 2 Oct 2004, Erik Huelsmann wrote:

> > Where I can get a full comparative study between the CVS and Subversion.
> > I am deeply interested to know the differences and move to installations
> > of SUBVERSION in our corporate infrastructure. The article is for
> > submitting a report to the management regarding this, please help with
> > some links or articles if you have, thanks
>
> Did you see http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.1/apa.html ?

You may also find

  http://subversion.tigris.org/propaganda.html

useful if trying to convince management of the advantages of Subversion.

Patrick
--
The easy way to type accents in Windows: http://www.frkeys.com/

Re: Advantages of Subversion

Posted by Erik Huelsmann <e....@gmx.net>.
> Hi all,
>
> Where I can get a full comparative study between the CVS and Subversion.
> I am deeply interested to know the differences and move to installations
> of SUBVERSION in our corporate infrastructure. The article is for
> submitting a report to the management regarding this, please help with
> some links or articles if you have, thanks

Did you see http://svnbook.red-bean.com/svnbook-1.1/apa.html ?

> Best regards,
> Ravi

HTH,

Erik.

--
+++ GMX DSL Premiumtarife 3 Monate gratis* + WLAN-Router 0,- EUR* +++
Clevere DSL-Nutzer wechseln jetzt zu GMX: http://www.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Re: Advantages of Subversion

Posted by kf...@collab.net.
"ravishankar, narayanan nair" <ra...@crimsonlogic.com> writes:
> Where I can get a full comparative study between the CVS and Subversion.
> I am deeply interested to know the differences and move to installations
> of SUBVERSION in our corporate infrastructure. The article is for
> submitting a report to the management regarding this, please help with
> some links or articles if you have, thanks

The homepage of subversion.tigris.org is a comparison, too.