Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by F Da Costa Gomez <da...@gmail.com> on 2004/08/16 23:31:07 UTC

[window.onload] Multiple components requiring a window.onload function entry

Hi,

Situation:
Page contains the DatePicker component. Works fine and produces a window.onload
function via the DataPicker.script
If and when i introduce a second component (not the DatePicker again) that also
utilises a <initialization> in the .script, how would this translate to an
additional 'entry' in the window.onload function. Assuming it is possible.

Reason for question:
Obviously i can't find the initialisation back in the function. I assume it is
possible so that would imply i'v got en error somewhere. If it is not i have to
figure out some other way to initialise.

TIA,
Fermin DCG

Re: [window.onload] Multiple components requiring a window.onload function entry

Posted by F Da Costa <da...@xs4all.nl>.
Harish Krishnaswamy wrote:

> It is very much possible. The Body component will bunch up all the
> scripts and render it right after the <body> tag. Could you post the
> script and relevant parts?

Knowing i'm doing something wrong should be ok. I don't want to waste
too much of anybodies time (doning that to myself already ;-) )

Thx

Re: [window.onload] Multiple components requiring a window.onload function entry

Posted by Harish Krishnaswamy <ha...@gmail.com>.
It is very much possible. The Body component will bunch up all the
scripts and render it right after the <body> tag. Could you post the
script and relevant parts?

-Harish

Re: Portlet compatibility (Was Re: [window.onload] Multiple components requiring a window.onload function entry)

Posted by Walter <wa...@builditglobal.com>.
Thanks Erik for the help and the link.  I will start a new thread with
any questions in the future.  Walt.

Posted by Erik Hatcher <er...@ehatchersolutions.com>.

Posted by Walter <wa...@builditglobal.com>.
Howard,

Posted by F Da Costa <da...@xs4all.nl>.
Howard Lewis Ship wrote:
> An anonymous JavaScript function is created as the window.onload event
> handler.  The combined contents of all <initialization> of all scripts
> is placed there.  It just works.
Fair enough.
I'll go back to the drawing board and retrace what i'v done.

Thx

Posted by Howard Lewis Ship <hl...@gmail.com>.

<da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Situation:
> Page contains the DatePicker component. Works fine and produces a window.onload
> function via the DataPicker.script
> If and when i introduce a second component (not the DatePicker again) that also
> utilises a <initialization> in the .script, how would this translate to an
> additional 'entry' in the window.onload function. Assuming it is possible.
>
> Reason for question:
> Obviously i can't find the initialisation back in the function. I assume it is
> possible so that would imply i'v got en error somewhere. If it is not i have to
> figure out some other way to initialise.
>
> TIA,
> Fermin DCG

Howard M. Lewis Ship
Creator, Jakarta Tapestry