Posted to dev@mina.apache.org by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com> on 2007/09/27 00:24:45 UTC

[VOTE] Import KeepAlive functionality contribution under MINA PMC

Hi again.

There's an important contribution from Eero Nevalainen that will help
users to implement sending a protocol-specific keep-alive message
periodically:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DIRMINA-354

It's just a few classes, so I thought we could just import the code,
but procedure is procedure. :)

Software grant has been received long time ago, and also again, it was
not processed on time due to my laziness.  There's no reason not to
import these classes IMO; it's just a few classes that makes people's
life a lot easier.

Once vote passes, I will start the paperwork and all the required procedure.

[ ]: +1, import
[ ] 0, abstain
[ ]: -1, don't import

Cheers,
Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--
PGP Key ID: 0x0255ECA6

Re: [VOTE] Import KeepAlive functionality contribution under MINA PMC

Posted by Maarten Bosteels <mb...@gmail.com>.
 [x]: +1, import

Re: [VOTE] Import KeepAlive functionality contribution under MINA PMC

Posted by Mike Heath <mh...@apache.org>.

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@gmail.com>.
> [X]: +1, import

Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny
www.iktek.com

Re: [VOTE] Import KeepAlive functionality contribution under MINA PMC

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

> [X]: +1, import

Alex

Re: [VOTE] Import KeepAlive functionality contribution under MINA PMC

Posted by Trustin Lee <tr...@gmail.com>.
Now let me close the vote.  Sorry for being late!

Trustin

http://gleamynode.net/

Posted by mat <fo...@gmail.com>.
Should your ActiveKeepAliveFilter, assiveKeepAliveFilter  both extend
IoFilterAdapter like in the tutorial "Writing IoFilter"?  And you can return
IoFilter in Factory method?

Posted by mat <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by mat <fo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark <el...@gmail.com>.
[X]: +1, import

--
..Cheers
Mark

Re: [VOTE] Import KeepAlive functionality contribution under MINA PMC

Posted by Michael Grundvig <mi...@electrotank.com>.
+1, import

Posted by Eero Nevalainen <ee...@indagon.com>.
+1 import. The code is actually a bit ugly to use, since I have to store
and retrieve the IoSession specific values as session attributes and the
sessionCreated is called elsewhere... In MINA 2.0 this function can be
properly implemented as an IoFilter, since 2.0 allows to have
ProtocolCodecFilters earlier in the chain. But import first, refactor
later..

-Eero

Posted by Julien Vermillard <jv...@archean.fr>.

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.