Posted to docs-dev@perl.apache.org by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be> on 2002/05/18 23:23:24 UTC

Breaking paras in success stories

Hi,

In make.pl for the success stories we have this:
     # keep the body as is (though break the paras or ps2pdf chokes on
     # huge <pre> sections within a table cell)
     $body =~ s/^(.?)/$1 ? " $1" : " \n"/emg;
However, the problem is that with the new borders from Allan (which are
great) -- this might have been the case before too though, the border is
broken up, which doesn't look great. I would prefer a clean border on the
HTML rather than it working with PDF, for this section atleast.

--
Per Einar Ellefsen
per.einar@skynet.be

Re: Breaking paras in success stories

Posted by Per Einar Ellefsen <pe...@skynet.be>.
At 02:53 19.05.2002, Stas Bekman wrote:
>Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>>Hi,
>>In make.pl for the success stories we have this:
>>     # keep the body as is (though break the paras or ps2pdf chokes on
>>     # huge <pre> sections within a table cell)
>>     $body =~ s/^(.?)/$1 ? " $1" : " \n"/emg;
>>However, the problem is that with the new borders from Allan (which are
>>great) -- this might have been the case before too though, the border is
>>broken up, which doesn't look great. I would prefer a clean border on the
>>HTML rather than it working with PDF, for this section atleast.
>
>that has been fixed in the DocSet already. So the comment in () is
>irrelevant. DocSet does the split now, for 40 lines. I doubt having a
>broken line every 40 lines is a problem.

Ok, so that line can be removed from make.pl as it doubles up the work.

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.
Stas Bekman wrote:
> Per Einar Ellefsen wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> In make.pl for the success stories we have this:
>>     # keep the body as is (though break the paras or ps2pdf chokes on
>>     # huge <pre> sections within a table cell)
>>     $body =~ s/^(.?)/$1 ? " $1" : " \n"/emg;
>> However, the problem is that with the new borders from Allan (which
>> are great) -- this might have been the case before too though, the
>> border is broken up, which doesn't look great. I would prefer a clean
>> border on the HTML rather than it working with PDF, for this section
>> atleast.
>>

> that has been fixed in the DocSet already. So the comment in () is
> irrelevant. DocSet does the split now, for 40 lines. I doubt having a
> broken line every 40 lines is a problem.

fixed make.pl as well.

Re: Breaking paras in success stories

Posted by Stas Bekman <st...@stason.org>.