Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by Eric Bresie <eb...@gmail.com> on 2019/05/25 23:18:00 UTC

Process for Closing Tickets

I was looking through some old tickets ad found one that I suspect may be
OBE or not really an issue (see NETBEANS-1118
<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/NETBEANS-1118>)

I understand would not want to closed it when it shouldn't but I reached
out via the ticket without any response and I'm sure most of us are getting
netbeans to install so I don't think there is really an software issue.

Is there any particular process to actually close out tickets like this?

Eric Bresie
ebresie@gmail.com

Re: Process for Closing Tickets

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
We were talking about that on the list, but I do not found the thread.

As far as I remember we agreed to ask for details/update ni such cases
and if that's not provided mark the issue resolved/closed with
invalid/incomplete resolution. So go ahead and close that one.

We have almost 1000 issues not touched for at least half a year:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/issues/?filter=12343672

Unfortunately it is still a mixed group" Many still related with 8.2 and
C/CPP support, some of them are still valid and some of them are like
the mentioned one, "it does not work" one-liners.