Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by ericdraven <er...@schwagerus.de> on 2010/01/08 11:39:16 UTC

[users@httpd] Setting up Under Contruction page

Hello ;)

Unfortunately I'm not an Apache Expert so this question might have been
answered somewhere else. The Apache Configuration I'm trying to setup should
simply do the following:

* Be a basic under construction page to be used during service maintenance
* Requests to certain subdirectories should still work
* All other incoming requests should simply display my static "under
construction" page (http://xxx/underconstruction.html)
* When requesting the site during maintenance, the browserline should read
http://xxx and not http://xxx/underconstruction.html so the user can simply
click reload to check if the site is available now

Could anybody give me a hint how to do this? An example configuration would
be great!

Many thanx in advance and greetings from Berlin
    Erik

RE: [users@httpd] Setting up Under Contruction page

Posted by Wesley Stupar <co...@roadrunner.com>.
Erik,

The http://xxx URL responds with the index.html page. Possibly for
maintenance you can temporarily rename that file and substitute the
underconstruction.html for index.html. Then after maintenance you would
change the names back.

Wes