Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Delbrouck, Henri-Philippe" <he...@siemens.com> on 2005/08/10 08:57:54 UTC

MyFaces with Exadel studio

Hi all,

Did someone already use Exadel studio with Eclipse to build a web
application using MyFaces.

What do you think about Exadel studio plugin. Is it a good idea to use it ?

Thanks for any advice.

	Henri-Philippe Delbrouck

Re: MyFaces with Exadel studio

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Hendrik Neumann wrote:
> No it ain't! I tried it but the Exadel-plugin has totally crashed my eclipse
> workbench under Linux.
The  3.0.3 works better and support if you send a mail to
support@exadel.com usually answers within minutes to hours.
(I am registered however)

I tried to contact the support-guys 3 times but they
> never anwsered me. So I had to solve the problem by my own - which costed me
> one day of work (great support, thanks a lot exadel).

But I agree the 3.0 dev previews crashed alot on me as well, I was close
to dropping it if the final would have been as unstable as well.
But the main advantage of Exadel over MyEclipse is the much much
better JSF Editing Drag and Dropping, and that you can keep the license
as soon as you opt out of the subscription service.
And the better hibernate capabilities, the rest definitely is better in
MyEclipse.

> Now I've bought MyEclipseIDE and I'm very happy with this tool. The price and
> the features are great and the guys in the support forum have even given me
> support at Christmas Eve (yes I had to work that day).

Yes... MyEclipse is a great tool, but currently lacks severely in the
viusal and drag and drop JSF departement unfortunately.

Re: MyFaces with Exadel studio

Re: MyFaces with Exadel studio

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
=?ISO-8859-15?Q?Carsten_Höhne?= wrote:
> Hello,
> Sorry, that was my fault. I do have exadel licensed and therfore 3.0.3
> is installed on my development computer.
> But i do have to restart Eclipse from time to time and to rebuild my
> projects. And sometimes a rmeoval of the .deployables directory.
> Exadel seems to have some prolems to update the webapp
> correctly.

Yes I noticed that as well, and also that the DB browser
seems to be broken in the final build of Exadel (regarding Oracle9 access)
The first issue is probably a windows locking problem, it helps
to remove the .deployables dir from time to time as you suggest.

Well, both plugin collections are not an example for being bug free,
MyEclipse was pretty bad in the past, but now they have grown they
definitely have become better in this regard.

One of the reasons why combining both is probably the best approach
because both have their bugs in different areas ;-)

Werner

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.
Ok gave it a testrun,
the new jsf editor is nice, there are lots
of wizards which ease the integration of
jsf backend beans, but the drag and drop
is not as extensive as in Exadel...

the new UML roundtripping although rather basic, is very very neat

Werner

Posted by Werner Punz <we...@gmx.at>.

Posted by =?ISO-8859-15?Q?Carsten_H�hne?= <ca...@fal.de>.
Hello,