Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Jörn Gebhardt <Jo...@ptv.de> on 2004/07/28 12:50:51 UTC

Global Variable Scope

Hi,

does there exists any global context where I can set and read some variables
that are accessible from everywhere in my build? I have a multi-project
build with many reactor calls and if I set a variable during the build of o
sub-project I cannot access it in the parent project build.

I already tried these variants:

1. normal set method
    <j:set var="finalOutput">Some text...</j:set>

2. using scope parent
    <j:set var="finalOutput" scope="parent">Some text...</j:set>

3. using a plugin scope
   <maven:set plugin="my-plugin" property="my-plugin.finalOutput"
value="${finalOutput}"/>
   <maven:get plugin="my-plugin" property="my-plugin.finalOutput"
var="finalOutput"/>

But in all cases I couldn't access the ${finalOutput} content in the parent
project.

Do you know any other method that could work?

Thanks in advance,
Jörn

Re: Global Variable Scope

Posted by Dion Gillard <di...@gmail.com>.
${systemScope.put('finalOutput','value')} as long as they're all
running in one VM.