Posted to dev@flink.apache.org by Qingsheng Ren <re...@apache.org> on 2022/10/13 17:24:03 UTC

[VOTE] Reverting sink metric name changes made in 1.15

Hi devs,

I'd like to start a vote about reverting sink metric name changes made in
1.15 considering compatibility issues. These metrics include:

- numRecordsSend -> numRecordsOut
- numRecordsSendPerSecond -> numRecordsOutPerSecond
- numBytesSend -> numBytesOut
- numBytesSendPerSecond -> numBytesOutPerSecond
- numRecordsSendError -> numRecordsOutError

which reflect the output of the sink to the external system. "send" metric
series will be kept with the same value as "out" metric series. This change
will be applied to 1.15 and 1.16. More details could be found in the
discussion thread [1].

The vote will open for at least 72 hours.

Looking forward to your feedback!

[1] https://lists.apache.org/thread/vxhty3q97s7pw2zn0jhkyd6sxwwodzbv

Best,
Qingsheng

Re: [VOTE] Reverting sink metric name changes made in 1.15

Posted by Yun Tang <my...@live.com>.
+1 and thanks for Qingsheng's driving.

BTW, shall we consider to create a ticket to ensure backward compatibility of the metric names?

Best,
Yun Tang
________________________________
Posted by Jing Ge <ji...@ververica.com>.