Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/15 12:49:19 UTC

[DISCUSS] Arrange Events for 10-year Anniversary

Dear all,

Since our project has reached its 10th birthday, and 10 years is definitely
a great milestone, I propose to arrange some special (virtual) events for
celebration. What comes into my mind include:

* Open threads to collect voices from our dev/user mailing list, like "what
do you want to say to HBase for its 10th birthday" (as well as our twitter
accounts maybe, if any)

* Arrange some online interviews to both PMC members and our customers.
Some of us have been in this project all the way and there must be some
good stories to tell, as well as expectations for the future.

* Join the Apache Feathercast as suggested in another thread.

* Form a blogpost to include all above events as an official celebration.

What do you think? Any other good ideas? Looking forward to more voices
(smile).

Best Regards,
Yu

Re: [DISCUSS] Arrange Events for 10-year Anniversary

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.
Thanks so much, Andrew!

Best,
Sally

- - -
Vice President Marketing & Publicity
Vice President Sponsor Relations
The Apache Software Foundation

Tel +1 617 921 8656 | sk@apache.org

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sally Khudairi <sk...@apache.org>.

Posted by Esteban Gutierrez <es...@cloudera.com.INVALID>.
Yeah, the TLP announcement date is good for that.

thanks,
esteban.

--
Cloudera, Inc.

Posted by Sean Busbey <bu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Nick Dimiduk <nd...@apache.org>.
On Wed, Apr 15, 2020 at 9:25 AM Vladimir Rodionov <vl...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 2020 - 10 = 2010. As far as I remember I joined HBase community in 2009 :)
> and I am pretty sure that Mr. Stack did it even earlier.

IIRC, 2010 is when HBase graduated from being a Hadoop sub-project and
became a Apache Top-Level Project.

Posted by Vladimir Rodionov <vl...@gmail.com>.