Posted to dev@netbeans.apache.org by German Salazar <sa...@gmail.com> on 2022/08/25 17:41:14 UTC

java extensions? spring?

Sorry for my ignorance, I am not a user of netbeans, nor a java developer;
I am just centrally installing a couple of IDEs to cater to a small user
group..

I have installed NetBeans 14 and now IT Security is complaining about some
vulnerabilities; in particular:

./java/modules/ext/spring-3.0/spring-core-3.2.18.RELEASE.jar
./java/modules/ext/spring-4/spring-core-4.3.29.RELEASE.jar
./java/modules/ext/spring-5/spring-core-5.2.9.RELEASE.jar

What are the contents of these spring-* subdirectories for?  Do I need all
3 of them?
What feature/extension would I be taking away if I remove them?
IT Security indicates that the patched version is

spring-core-5.2.20.RELEASE.jar

Where can I possibly find that?

Thanks,

Re: java extensions? spring?

Posted by Moacir da Roza <mo...@gmail.com>.
If the users are not using Spring Framework, i think you can remove:
Tools --> Libraries --> Spring Framework xxxxx.
remove from Netbeans.
and after, remove from directories.

If you want the Spring Version 5.3.20
https://repo.spring.io/ui/native/release/org/springframework/spring/5.3.20/
spring-5.3.20-dist.zip

You or the users must to know what they want, we don't know what features
your company will use.

Em qui., 25 de ago. de 2022 às 14:41, German Salazar <sa...@gmail.com>
escreveu:

> Sorry for my ignorance, I am not a user of netbeans, nor a java developer;
> I am just centrally installing a couple of IDEs to cater to a small user
> group..
>
> I have installed NetBeans 14 and now IT Security is complaining about some
> vulnerabilities; in particular:
>
> ./java/modules/ext/spring-3.0/spring-core-3.2.18.RELEASE.jar
> ./java/modules/ext/spring-4/spring-core-4.3.29.RELEASE.jar
> ./java/modules/ext/spring-5/spring-core-5.2.9.RELEASE.jar
>

> What are the contents of these spring-* subdirectories for?  Do I need all
> 3 of them?
> What feature/extension would I be taking away if I remove them?
> IT Security indicates that the patched version is
>
> spring-core-5.2.20.RELEASE.jar
>
> Where can I possibly find that?

Moacir R.F
Desenvolvedor de Softwares