Posted to user@phoenix.apache.org by lk_phoenix <lk...@163.com> on 2016/12/05 06:52:47 UTC

how to security phoenix

hi,all:
    I want to know how to add access contorl to the table I create by phoenix .
    I need to add the privilege through hbase?
2016-12-05

lk_phoenix

Re: how to security phoenix

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.
The only strong authentication for HBase is via Kerberos. The user name
is handled by the transport in this case.

"SIMPLE" HBase RPC authentication is not secure and doesn't go farther
than "please don't impersonate others". I'm not positive, but I think
your operation system user would be used. Because this is not secure,
it's not wired up to the JDBC user/password properties.

If you wrap invocations of the JDBC driver in a
UserGroupInformation.doAs(..) call, this might work (but again, not
tested because it's not actually secure).

The 'C' in your grant statement is for "CREATE" not "connect". You are
conflating authentication and authorization. Please do some research if
the difference between the two is not clear.

Re: Re: how to security phoenix

Re: how to security phoenix

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.