Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Freddy Mallet <fr...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/02 23:19:37 UTC

Adding a "Looking for Code Quality Managers" section into the Maven web site ?

Hi all,

This proposal is submitted by

Romain Pelisse, leader of XRadar
Khosuke Kawaguchi, leader of a well known CI server
David Vincente, leader of the Maven Dashboard plugin
and myself, co-leader of Sonar

The idea is simply to add a new "Looking for Code Quality Managers" section
into the right sidebar of the Maven web site homepage bellow "Looking for
Repository Managers" and "Looking for CI Servers".

This section would contain a short text "Take a look at the Code Quality
Management platforms available from the community". Clicking on "Take a
look" would display a list of tools with XRadar, Sonar, Maven Dashboard and
Hudson (as it contains on the shelf quality reports).

It has never been so easy with those tools to monitor source code's health
and beginning to combine metrics. Good part of software development
departments, which are using Maven, are progressively adopting such quality
platforms. We think the Maven ecosystem would be reinforced if it welcomed
those quality platforms which are highly based and fully integrated with
Maven.

Any feedback, bad or good, is welcome.

Thanks

Romain, Khosuke, David and Freddy

Re: Adding a "Looking for Code Quality Managers" section into the Maven web site ?

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
I committed the new page and updated the home page as well. See r811294.

The changes will be visible the next time the site will be generated.

Cheers,

- Fabrice
 bellingard@apache.org

Posted by Arnaud HERITIER <ar...@exoplatform.com>.
+1

Posted by Freddy Mallet <fr...@gmail.com>.

www.SonarSource.com

Posted by Rémy Sanlaville <re...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

In that connection, it would be nice to don't forget
MPIR-149<http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MPIR-149>

Rémy

Re: Adding a "Looking for Code Quality Managers" section into the Maven web site ?

Posted by Fabrice Bellingard <be...@gmail.com>.
Hi Freddy,

Posted by Carlos Sanchez <ca...@apache.org>.
+1 for me too