Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com> on 2008/03/21 18:27:21 UTC

Composite Builder and some questions?

Hi,
the next patch for my demo it will be in the CompositeBuilder. I have
to do refactoring in this
area to allow a fine grain on updating a composite. Are there things
that i should give a particular attention? (I've already have a patch
but i'd like to discuss on this area before creating a jira).
I've another question. What happens if i stop a composite in a node
and there's an incoming call to a component inside that composite?
That call is put in a queue or not?
Cheers,
Giorgio.

Re: Composite Builder and some questions?

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Girogio

Sorry for slow response. Been out for a few days. Some comments in line....

Simon

On Fri, Mar 21, 2008 at 5:27 PM, Giorgio Zoppi <gi...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
> the next patch for my demo it will be in the CompositeBuilder. I have
> to do refactoring in this
> area to allow a fine grain on updating a composite. Are there things
> that i should give a particular attention? (I've already have a patch
> but i'd like to discuss on this area before creating a jira).

Can you say a little more about fine grained updating and the impact on the
composite builder. For example, are you looking at how to build individual
parts of a composite rather than a full composite?

> I've another question. What happens if i stop a composite in a node
> and there's an incoming call to a component inside that composite?
> That call is put in a queue or not?

I depends on what sort of binding you have. For example, if the binding is a
JMS binding you would expect the message to be held on a queue provided by
the messaging infrastructure until the composite/node is (re-)started. For
other bindings, such binding.ws, the sending reference will not be able to
connect to the web service endpoint that the stopped service would normally
provides and message delivery will fail with a suitable error message at the
client.