Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Cabasson Denis <de...@insee.fr> on 2005/11/16 16:44:34 UTC

[m2] assembly : assembling multiple bundles

Hi,

I'm trying to use the m2 assembly:assembly plugin. It works fine, and I have
created 2 descriptors to assemble my project.

Problem is I'd like them both to execute when I run the assemblt:assembly
command.

I can do this using the "mvn assembly:assemble
-Dmaven.assembly.descriptor=..." syntaw and running it twice with different
parameters.
But it would be ways more convenient to have them both in pom and get them
executed in a single command.

I have tried the following in the pom (in the build/plugins part):
      <plugin>
        <executions>
          <execution>
            <id>descriptor1</id>
            <configuration>
              <descriptor>src/main/assembly/descriptor1.xml</descriptor>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
          <execution>
            <id>descriptor2</id>
            <configuration>
              <descriptor>src/main/assembly/descriptor2.xml</descriptor>
            </configuration>
          </execution>
        </executions>
      </plugin>

But that's not working and the assembly plugin is complaining about not
finding its descriptor.

Guess this has to do with the issue:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MNG-1293.

Anyone has a clue how to make this work? Is there a workaround? Is it
scheduled to be fixed so as to enable multiple executions of the assembly
plugin?

Thx

Denis CABASSON

Re: [m2] assembly : assembling multiple bundles

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
That's correct. It will be fixed as time permits or patches arrive...
there isn't really a workaround right now.