Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Rob Bugh <ro...@earthlink.net> on 2008/04/10 17:55:57 UTC

Scheduled Failover

I am using a JDBC Master/Slave topology. I'm using Postgres as the db and
noticed that due to the long running transaction of the master holding the
lock on the activemq_lock table my vacuums are not very effective. If you
are familiar with posgres then you know that vacuum can only recover dead
tuples up to the point of the oldest transaction.

So I would like to regularly failover the master to the slave to keep the
lock transaction timestamp moving forward in time.

Is there any facility built into activemq that would allow me to schedule a
restart of a broker? For example, it would be nice to have the ability to
specify in the broker.xml a TTL value that would mean run for this much time
then restart yourself (or shutdown).

Rob

Re: Scheduled Failover

Posted by Rob Davies <ra...@gmail.com>.