Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Peter Thygesen <pt...@gmail.com> on 2012/03/21 15:23:15 UTC

C# client

Wanted to play a little with the csharp client... but..

I cannot build the csharp client. The project files and solution file is
not valid for MS Visual Studio. Also noticed that the reference

<Reference Include="ZooKeeperNet">
      <HintPath>..\..\..\lib\zookeeper\ZooKeeperNet.dll</HintPath>
</Reference>

is missing. Can perhaps reconstruct the project from scratch but would need
the Zookeeper.dll file. Where can it be located?

brgds,
Peter

RE: C# client

Posted by Andrew Psaltis <An...@Webtrends.com>.
Peter,
The sln (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/trunk/clients/csharp/src/Kafka/Kafka.sln ) and the StyleCop targets file (http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/kafka/trunk/clients/csharp/lib/StyleCop/Microsoft.StyleCop.Targets ) files are both invalid due to the Apache Lic. Comment block at the top of the files.

If you remove the below block from each of those files you should be able to open the sln just fine.

<!--
 contributor license agreements.  See the NOTICE file distributed with
 The ASF licenses this file to You under the Apache License, Version 2.0
 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with
 the License.  You may obtain a copy of the License at

 limitations under the License.
-->

As far as the zookeeper side of things, you are going to need to pull down the zookeeper code at: http://erichauser.net/2010/04/23/zookeeper-net-client/ , you may have to run jute to generate the csharp code. Before the zk client will compile.

Hope that helps,
Andrew

Posted by Evan Chan <ev...@ooyala.com>.

Re: C# client