Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2000/11/30 06:07:34 UTC

wrapper.classpath not working?

Hello:

I added the following line to my wrapper.classpath
in the tomcat.properties file:
wrapper.classpath=/usr/local/mm.mysql-2.0.2-bin.jar

But, in my test servlet, I printed the classpath and
I got this:
/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/classes:.:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/ant.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/jasper.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/servlet.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/test:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/webserver.jar:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat/lib/xml.jar:/usr/local/java/lib/tools.jar

Is the wrapper.classpath property disabled in Tomcat 3.1?

Thanks,
	Neil.

--
Neil Aggarwal
JAMM Consulting, Inc. -- (972) 612-6056, http://www.JAMMConsulting.com

Re: wrapper.classpath not working?

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <Cr...@eng.sun.com>.
KINGMAN wrote:

> Can you tell me how to construct a Web Application  in my tomcat4.0.Where I put my servlets?
> thanks!

The basic concepts of how a web application needs to be organized (which includes where servlets
should be placed) are defined by the Servlet 2.2 (for Tomcat 3.x) or Servlet 2.3 (for Tomcat
4.x) specifications, which are available at
<http://java.sun.com/products/servlet/download.html>.  You will want to understand the chapters
on web applications, and on the web.xml file.

For Tomcat 4.0 in particular, I would suggest that you download Tomcat 3.2 and study the
Application Developer's Guide, which is included in the documentation directory.  The
recommendations for how an application development effort should be organized, and instructions
on how to organize your own servlet files, are virtually unchanged in Tomcat 4.0.

Craig McClanahan

Re: wrapper.classpath not working?

Posted by KINGMAN <zh...@info.sh.cn>.