Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com> on 2005/12/06 19:52:38 UTC

[users@httpd] Problem when mixing NameVirtualHost + non with SSL - "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

Hi

I'm having trouble when trying to combine NameVirtualHosting on one SSL
IP, and per-IP virtual hosting for others.

My ideal setup is:
    NameVirtualHost *:80 (lots of virtual hosts)
    NameVirtualHost 192.168.1.50:443 (2 virtual hosts, 1 wildcard
               certificate used for both virtual hosts)

    VirtualHost's on 192.168.1.51:443, 192.168.1.52:443

Under this configuration, when I try to start apache, it fails with
"[error] Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!". Even under
Debug, it fails to tell me which certificate it hit this on.

If I run it with only one virtual host active on 192.168.1.50:443 (the SSL
NameVirtualHost), everything works fine. I can access all 3 SSL sites.

If I disable the SSL virtual hosts on 192.168.1.51:443 and
192.168.1.52:443, everything works fine. I can access both the SSL sites
on 192.168.1.50, and the name virtual hosting behaves as expected.

As soon as I try with both name and non name SSL virtual hosts, apache
fails to start with:
"[error] Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

Is this a known problem? Can anyone suggest any workarounds (other than
not using name virtual hosting on that one IP)?

Thanks
Nick

Re: [users@httpd] Problem when mixing NameVirtualHost + non with SSL - "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

Posted by ludi <my...@gmail.com>.
I remember that the SSL need a certificate. Have you created it ?

Re: [users@httpd] Re: Problem when mixing NameVirtualHost + non with SSL - "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Joost de Heer wrote:
>> Under this configuration, when I try to start apache, it fails with
>> "[error] Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!". Even under
>> Debug, it fails to tell me which certificate it hit this on.
>
> You do need to specify the SSLCertificate(Key)File in all SSL vhosts.

I have them. On my NameVirtualHosts, I specify the same Certificate and
Key, since it's a wildcard certificate

Nick

[users@httpd] Re: Problem when mixing NameVirtualHost + non with SSL - "Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!"

Posted by Joost de Heer <sa...@xs4all.nl>.
> Under this configuration, when I try to start apache, it fails with
> "[error] Oops, no RSA or DSA server certificate found?!". Even under
> Debug, it fails to tell me which certificate it hit this on.

You do need to specify the SSLCertificate(Key)File in all SSL vhosts.

Joost