Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie> on 2009/10/05 15:36:28 UTC

User file uploads

I have a requirement for some of my users to upload documents to a
Cocoon server. The files need to be managed by Apache and Tomcat
afterwards, so using FTP/sftp won't work because those files will be
owned by the user's userid, and I'd prefer not to start messing with the
groups.

There are a gazillion upload scripts in PHP, Java, Flash, Perl, etc, but
before I reinvent any wheels, does anyone know of an upload facility
written for a Cocoon server?

///Peter

Re: User file uploads

Posted by Dominic Mitchell <do...@happygiraffe.net>.
On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 2:36 PM, Peter Flynn <pf...@ucc.ie> wrote:

> I have a requirement for some of my users to upload documents to a Cocoon
> server. The files need to be managed by Apache and Tomcat afterwards, so
> using FTP/sftp won't work because those files will be owned by the user's
> userid, and I'd prefer not to start messing with the groups.
>
> There are a gazillion upload scripts in PHP, Java, Flash, Perl, etc, but
> before I reinvent any wheels, does anyone know of an upload facility written
> for a Cocoon server?

Cocoon does have upload handling facilities.  There are a couple, but last
time I needed to manage uploads, I used the *upload://formField* source,
which seemed to work well.  I believe that there's an example if you check
out the source and build the sample webapp.  Look in:

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/cocoon/trunk/blocks/cocoon-core-sample/cocoon-core-main-sample/src/main/resources/COB-INF/sources/

-Dom