Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Maciej Zywno <m....@gmail.com> on 2006/10/17 15:30:38 UTC

[BeanUtils] SqlDateConverter

Hey,

I was going to use an SqlDateConverter, however I found that it doesn't
support alternative date formats as it uses:

Date.valueOf(value.toString())

So the natural way was to extend SqlDateConverter to support different
formats. However SqlDateConverter is final.

So I thought I might provide a patch or help in any other way to make the
class support other formats. How do you suggest I do it?

Or is there any philosophy behind not letting a user specify a different
date format?

Thanks,

Maciej Zywno