Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by alwin james <ja...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/29 20:22:54 UTC

Configure HBase Load Balancer

Hi Hbasers -

Is there any other parameters to configure load balancer in HBase apart
from 'balance_switch' command and 'hbase.balancer.period' property? Also, I
believe by balancer is on by default.

Regards,
Alwin

Re: Configure HBase Load Balancer

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
balance_switch command affects the whole cluster.

For per table balancing, you can tune:

hbase.master.balancer.stochastic.tableSkewCost

Here is related javadoc:

   * Compute the cost of a potential cluster configuration based upon how
evenly

   * distributed tables are.

   */

  static class TableSkewCostFunction extends CostFunction {

Cheers

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.