Posted to dev@openwebbeans.apache.org by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de> on 2011/02/24 17:32:04 UTC

heavy performance decrease in 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

hi folks!

Today I did run a few jmeter tests and it seems that we have some serious bottle neck in our code currently. The app just doesn't really scale well anymore and performance is down to 20% compared to 1.0.0 ...

Any ideas?

LieGrue,
strub

Re: heavy performance decrease in 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Gerhard <ge...@gmail.com>.
furthermore, special settings won't make sense. imo the benchmark is ok and
we really have to find the issue(s).

regards,
gerhard

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
I'm currently setting up a heavy parallel unit test. Will share later.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
oki, seems to be resolved now. Will perform more tests later today (off to a children party now with my daughter...)

seems that OWB-533 and the JsfPlugin query in the ELResolver were to blame.

Performance is now as fast as it never was with 10 parallel threads...

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi David!

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.
Hope attachments work

Re: heavy performance decrease in 1.1.0-SNAPSHOT

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
oh that looks really neat.
Will check it out.

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
jmeter, 20 parallel threads, 10 loops, 1second rampup time

owb-1.0.0: >15 pages/s
owb-1.1.0-SNAPSHOT: 2.3 pages/s

the pages are pretty fat and do lots of stuff...

LieGrue,
strub

Posted by David Blevins <da...@gmail.com>.