Posted to dev@servicemix.apache.org by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com> on 2009/12/21 15:50:03 UTC

Roadmap about Spring 3.0 integration

Hi,

Is a roadmap already defined to integrate Spring 3.0 in camel / karaf and
ServiceMix ? I think that common efforts will be required to synchronize
different projects together !

Regards,

Charles Moulliard
Senior Enterprise Architect
Apache Camel Committer

*****************************
blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
twitter : http://twitter.com/cmoulliard
Linkedlin : http://www.linkedin.com/in/charlesmoulliard

Apache Camel Group :
http://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=2447439&trk=anet_ug_hm

Re: Roadmap about Spring 3.0 integration

Posted by Daniel Kulp <dk...@apache.org>.
On Mon December 21 2009 9:50:03 am Charles Moulliard wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Is a roadmap already defined to integrate Spring 3.0 in camel / karaf and
> ServiceMix ? I think that common efforts will be required to synchronize
> different projects together !

I started working on CXF last week and ran into a few minor snags.   I can now
build CXF with Spring 3 and all but 2 tests pass.   The two tests are Spring
Security related and I may have to update the version of Spring Security.
Haven't had time to look at it yet.  (Hopefully Sergey will this week)

The two major snags I hit:
1) JMS - the default listener doesn't seem to autostart by default anymore.
We had to explicitly call start.   Not a big deal and something CXF SHOULD
have been doing anyway.

2) If you have a property like "setProperties(Map<String, Object>)" and inject
a map that contains a value of an array of length one, spring automatically
unwraps that array and puts the single object in there.    Thus, if you did a:
MyObject objects[]  = (MyObject[])props.get("foo");
and that always worked in spring 2.5, it may not work now.   If the array is
length 1, the cast will fail.

There is also a LOT of stuff deprecated in Spring3 so you may see a lot of
deprecation warnings.

The main thing I've also done is update the versions for all the spring stuff
in the OSGi manifest to say "[2.5,4) instead of "[2.5,3)".    Thus, that's
probably a first step.

Dan

--
Daniel Kulp