Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Britske <gb...@gmail.com> on 2009/09/02 13:41:49 UTC

t5: autocomplete mixin gets autofocus on field. I don't want that.

I have a textfield enriched with the autocomplete mixin.

<input class="search" t:minChars="3" t:frequency="0.2" t:type="textfield"
t:id="quickTextField" t:mixins="autocompletearoer2" id="quickTextField"
name="Best" type="text" value="quickTextValue" />

This field always gets the focus even though it isn't the first field of the
form.
Is there a way to disable this?
I tried to circumvent this by having a javascript set the focus on another
field, but without success: the autcomplete field seems to get the focus
back automatically.

This is a problem since for instance alt-tabbing forth and back to the
browser set's off an ajax-call automatically since the focus is on the
autocomplete field.

Any way to prevent this?

Thanks,
Geert-Jan

Re: t5: autocomplete mixin gets autofocus on field. I don't want that.

Posted by Britske <gb...@gmail.com>.
Yeah thanks! totally missed that.

Posted by "Joachim Van der Auwera (PROGS bvba)" <jo...@progs.be>.