Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Jeremias Maerki <de...@greenmail.ch> on 2005/04/18 21:02:08 UTC

How to help producing version 1.0 (was: Re: FOP - -noannotations)

There are many ways you can help without the need for Java knowledge:
- Helping other people on fop-users
- Writing test cases
- Writing documentation (Wiki or Forrest sources)
- Updating the compliance page with additional columns for the new code
(thus showing the progress in relation to FOP 0.20.5)
- Cleaning up Bugzilla
- Consolidating and updating TODO lists
- Testing the new code and providing feedback (when the major obstacles
are out of the way, probably in one or two months)

Anything that frees the Java guys from non-Java stuff helps focus
energies. Any help is most welcome!

On 18.04.2005 20:40:21 Mike Trotman wrote:
> Yet another reason to see if there's any way to help in producing
> version 1.0 (as if we needed any).!
>
> I really will have to start learning Java soon to help get the best out
> of all these wonderful Apache tools.

Jeremias Maerki

Re: How to help producing version 1.0 (was: Re: FOP - -noannotations)

Posted by Andreas Jung <li...@andreas-jung.com>.

--On Montag, 18. April 2005 21:02 Uhr +0200 Jeremias Maerki
<de...@greenmail.ch> wrote:

> There are many ways you can help without the need for Java knowledge:
> - Helping other people on fop-users
> - Writing test cases
> - Writing documentation (Wiki or Forrest sources)
> - Updating the compliance page with additional columns for the new code
> (thus showing the progress in relation to FOP 0.20.5)
> - Cleaning up Bugzilla
> - Consolidating and updating TODO lists
> - Testing the new code and providing feedback (when the major obstacles
> are out of the way, probably in one or two months)

I did a lot of evaluation FO processor evaluation work over the last weeks.
The company
I am working for want to produce PDF and RTF from HTML (converted to FO
through csstoxslfo).
I did also some testing with the current development version of FOP and saw
that the PDF
still has some problems with tables (the RTF converter seems not to be
usable at this time)
and larger documents (I get OutOfMemory errors). My customer is a publisher
and has a lots
of documents for testing. Since we are looking for open-source solution
over commercial processors
I would be interested in performing further tests...what's the best way to
contribute?

Andreas