Posted to user@poi.apache.org by "Greene, Kimberly (MAN-Corporate)" <Ki...@cox.com> on 2002/12/11 17:43:37 UTC

Some text formatting may have changed in this file because the ma ximum number of fonts was exceeded

When exporting using HSSF in the poi version released May 2002  I receive
the following message when the number of total records is 7787(over 2 excel
tabs). There are 2 fonts being used(Arial and Arial Bold) and 3 cell
formats(string, date, and numeric)
If anyone has seen this problem or has a potential resolution please share.
"Some text formatting may have changed in this file because the maximum
number of
fonts was exceeded. It may help to close other documents and try again"
NOTE: there are no other documents open.

Regards,

Kimberly Greene
Consultant to Manheim Interactive
678-645-2349

Re: Some text formatting may have changed in this file because the ma ximum number of fonts was exceeded

Posted by Avik Sengupta <av...@apache.org>.
I presume you are writing the xl file using poi? Are you creating a new
HSSFCellStyle and/or HSSFFont object for each cell? That is usually a
problem. Try to reuse the object instances.