Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Kevan Miller <ke...@gmail.com> on 2006/12/01 06:07:03 UTC

Re: [VOTE] publish openjpa 0.9.6-incubating release

On Nov 30, 2006, at 1:19 PM, Marc Prud'hommeaux wrote:

> Kevan-
>
> Would you be amenable to having a single NOTICE file, but changing
> the wording to:
>
> "The OpenJPA binary zip distribution is bundled with the..."
>
> ?

Hi Marc,
Well, actually on closer reading of your LICENSE file, it looks like
two files in openjpa-all are CDDL licensed. So, I wouldn't recommend
that change. Please let me know if I'm incorrect...

In general, yes, that type of change would help. However, it still
requires some work on the embedder's part. I'd really prefer more
precision rather than conditional statements requiring some
analysis... That's my 2 cents, anyway...

--kevan