Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by Janko Muzykant <um...@gmail.com> on 2008/06/02 13:08:56 UTC

T5 ajax zone changing

hallo all,
is it possible to change zone (area that should be updated) dynamically in
response to invoked action?
for example, user commits a form and depending on selected value i would
like to update zone1 or zone2.
It would be great if I could point the right zone inside my @OnEvent method.

cheers,
m.

Re: T5 ajax zone changing

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.
On Fri, 06 Jun 2008 10:28:53 -0300, Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>
wrote:

> I've always thought it would be nice to return a Map<String,Block> with
> the key being the zone id so I can specify the zone(s) to update.

There's an open related JIRA asking for multiple zones to be updated by an
ActionLink, and I think it could be extended for forms as well:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TAPESTRY-2130.

Thiago

Re: T5 ajax zone changing

Posted by Lance Java <la...@googlemail.com>.

Re: T5 ajax zone changing

Posted by Janko Muzykant <um...@gmail.com>.

Re: T5 ajax zone changing

Posted by Thiago H de Paula Figueiredo <th...@gmail.com>.

Re: T5 ajax zone changing

Posted by Janko Muzykant <um...@gmail.com>.
Hi Markus,
thanks for links, but this unfortunately does not solve the problem. i will
try to highlight my case. commiting the form currenlty we have no
possibility to select destination zone other when that one assigned in
"form" element (eg. <t:form t:zone="blah">), right? so how to refresh
different zones depending on different commit buttons? eg. i would like
commit button A to refresh zone_A and commit button B to refresh zone_B.

thanks again,
jm.

Re: T5 ajax zone changing

Posted by Marcus <mv...@gmail.com>.