Posted to batik-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Prajakta Bhanage <pr...@yahoo.com> on 2001/11/10 06:43:01 UTC

selection of an entity in svg through batik

Hi all,

I would like to know if there is any way in which i
can select a single entity in SVG. I am using
JSVGCanvas to display SVG and i need to modify a part
of the drawing displayed.
The only way I can think as of now is by using mouse
events in java, and modifying the svg/xml, and
redisplaying it....

I would appreciate any more i/p on this..

I would also like to know the maximum size of SVG that
can be displayed using JSVGCanvas using the listeners
provided by batik like the GVTTreeRendererListener
I have an SVG of 94 KB size, and it surely takes away
my patience to open it and display...

If anyone has any idea on this....

Thanks.

Re: selection of an entity in svg through batik

Posted by Thierry Kormann <tk...@ilog.fr>.
On Saturday 10 November 2001 06:43, Prajakta Bhanage wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to know if there is any way in which i
> can select a single entity in SVG. I am using
> JSVGCanvas to display SVG and i need to modify a part
> of the drawing displayed.
> The only way I can think as of now is by using mouse
> events in java, and modifying the svg/xml, and
> redisplaying it....

That's a first possibility. Have a MouseListerner on the JSVGCanvas and see
which GraphicsNode is targetted.

Then, you can add an EventListener on the DOM and see which Element is
targetted. Both methods are valid depending on you want to do.

Thierry.