Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/29 07:32:10 UTC

Removing failing tests from framework

Hello Everyone,

I've been doing a lot of work lately in [1] to be able to build
ofbiz-framework and run all tests successfully without pulling any plugins
in.

After lots and lots of test runs, trial-and-error, and deep code debugging
I was able to bring down the total failing tests from hundreds to only two.
I believe the two remaining tests are fundamentally incorrect because they
assume the existence of data, scripts and widgets in ecommerce and I
explained this issue more thoroughly in [2]

Therefore, I made a patch [3] which simply removes the tests / portions of
tests which are causing the failures. This is a quick solution to get the
ofbiz-framework to build and test successfully without plugins.

The real solution, however, requires a very deep look into the order
component and to remove all dependencies on ecommerce. This is a lot of
work, and should be done gradually over time.

So my recommendation is to apply the patch, and create a JIRA to gradually
remove remaining entanglements from order to ecommerce.

WDYT?

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OFBIZ-9322
[2] https://s.apache.org/DlGE
[3]
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/attachment/12865667/OFBIZ-9322.patch

Cheers,

Taher Alkhateeb

Re: Removing failing tests from framework

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.
Hello everyone,

Okay final commit in r1793633 is applied. ofbiz-framework now runs all
tests successfully without plugins, finally!

The next step is to split buildbot builds in two for the two products:
ofbiz-framework and ofbiz-plugins.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Indeed thanks Taher,

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ja...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
+1

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Michael,

So today you don't apply the seven days rule? ;)

Cheers

Jacques

Posted by Michael Brohl <mi...@ecomify.de>.
+1 Taher

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
OK, if nobody cares about these tests then let it be

To be quite clear: http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=revision&revision=1793633

Jacques

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

Posted by Taher Alkhateeb <sl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
BTW Taher,

Will you take care of updating the Buildbot Script?  I think it's a good occasion

Jacques

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Taher,