Posted to general@lucene.apache.org by raygrrr <ra...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/25 09:03:49 UTC

Can I search for latest updated files?

Hi chaps,

I want to just use lucene to search for newly added/updated files from a
directory/computer, so I need to get a list of those files (location, name,
size and date etc.).

I wonder whether I can use lucene to do that, if not then what do you think
I should use?

Many thanks for your help here!
Ray

Re: Can I search for latest updated files?

Posted by Ted Dunning <te...@gmail.com>.
I would put a date/time field on files and use that to filter results.

If it is just "most recently added generation of files", then I would add a
generation counter and filter on the most recent value (which would be
stored outside Lucene.