Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jimmy Ray <ji...@yahoo.com> on 2005/03/29 16:55:08 UTC

Limit catalina.out size

Running on HPUX...SDK 1.4.2...the standard output is
going to catlaina.out.  Is it possible to change the
logger settings reduce the size of the catalina.out
file and perform circular logging?  If so where are
these settings?

Regards,

Jimmy Ray

Re: Limit catalina.out size

Posted by Filip Hanik - Dev Lists <de...@hanik.com>.
or like we do, we pipe the output through cronolog

Filip

RE: Limit catalina.out size

Posted by Michael Cornell <mi...@estafet.com>.
I would imagine that tomcat is logging using commons-logging, and that by
default it is outputting to Catalina.out

A suggested solution would be to include for example log4j.jar with a
log4j.properties in the classpath which should control how this log is
produced (consoleAppender output seems to go to Catalina.out)

Saying that, I too have problems not writing to Catalina.out in redhat linux
es3 with tomcat 5.0.25.  Maybe there is a general solution that someone who
has more intricate knowledge of how tomcat logs has??

/michael

Re: Limit catalina.out size

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.