Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Kevin Williams <kj...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/08 23:57:17 UTC

failing itests

I have started to take a look at the errors in sca/itest/spec-api.  I don't
have a cause but I do have a couple of observations to share.  First, an NPE
is occurring during the wire processing within:

SCADomain.newInstance("CompositeTest.composite");

more specifically, it is happening here:

DefaultCompositeActivator.createWires(Component, ComponentReference,
Binding) line: 355

The offending source line is:

Operation targetOperation = interfaceContractMapper.map(
targetContract.getInterface(), operation);

with targetContract being null.  The value for targetContract is assigned a
few lines earlier like this:

InterfaceContract targetContract = service.getInterfaceContract();

The name of the ComponentService ("service") returning null for
getInterfaceContract() is "MyServiceInComponent/MyService".

I also notice warnings to the console regarding the composite assembly:

Composite assembly problem: Duplicate component name: {
http://www.osoa.org/xmlns/sca/1.0}domain : MyServiceInComponent
Composite assembly problem: No targets for reference: myService
Composite assembly problem: No targets for reference: myListServiceByYear
Composite assembly problem: No targets for reference: myListService

I'll keep digging but thought to share this since it may make immediate
sense to someone more familiar with this code.

--Kevin