Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com> on 2019/06/18 05:21:21 UTC

[VOTE] Merge branch HBASE-21512(Reimplement sync client based on async client) back to master

Not sure why but seems the original thread can only be replied by me...

So open a new one, copied several important information here

> "Reimplement sync client based on async client"
>
> The jira title tells everything. This is what I promised when I first
> introduced the async client in HBase, about three years ago, that the sync
> client can be implemented on top of the async client, so we can remove the
> old sync client implementation, which can reduce our client code base a lot.
>
> I've already opened a PR here, and received several feedback(thanks stack!)
>
> https://github.com/apache/hbase/pull/287
>
> It shows that we add 8,663 lines and remove 31,386 lines.
>
> This is the flaky dashboard for this branch
>

> https://builds.apache.org/job/HBASE-Find-Flaky-Tests/job/HBASE-21512/lastSuccessfulBuild/artifact/dashboard.html
>
> With the recent efforts I think it is getting better.
>

> After applying HBASE-22577 the performance is good enough now. And the
> YCSB workloada also shows that there are no big differences on performance.
> Please see the comments on HBASE-22564 for more details.

And the release note is also ready. Stack and Josh have already voted +1,
so we still need one more +1 to get this merged.

Thanks a lot.

Re: [VOTE] Merge branch HBASE-21512(Reimplement sync client based on async client) back to master

Posted by "张铎 (Duo Zhang)" <pa...@gmail.com>.
OK, good, so we have enough +!s for merging back...

Will do it soon if no other objections. Thanks all for suggesting, testing
and voting.

Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com> 于2019年6月18日周二 下午1:46写道:

Posted by Guanghao Zhang <zg...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.