Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org> on 1997/03/06 10:19:51 UTC

bug db stuff

So there's a PR (#213) that I want to respond to.  What's the proper way
for me to do this so that it goes into the database and such?  Do I need
any special access?

What if I've deleted the report that was sent to me on the apache-bugdb
mailing list?

Dean

Re: bug db stuff

Posted by Brian Behlendorf <br...@organic.com>.
On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Marc Slemko wrote:
> Dean has an account on taz but isn't in the htpasswd file
> (/export/apache/.htpasswd-dbm.db).  Anyone in the httpd group can add
> someone (or themself...)

This includes Dean - dean go ahead and put yourself there using "dbmmanage
adduser", and you should be able to log in.

> but it won't work right until someone with root
> (ie. brian) adds them to the GNATS submitters and responsible files.

Nope, those files are built automagically from /etc/passwd and /etc/group based
on who's in group httpd.  :)

	Brian

Re: bug db stuff

Posted by Marc Slemko <ma...@worldgate.com>.
(Haven't been saying much lately, been busy; I'm hoping to get back into
things soon... if Oracle forms will stop crashing on me so I can finish
something.  Sigh.

On Sat, 8 Mar 1997, Chuck Murcko wrote:

> Dean Gaudet wrote:
> >
> > So there's a PR (#213) that I want to respond to.  What's the proper way
> > for me to do this so that it goes into the database and such?  Do I need
> > any special access?
> >
> > What if I've deleted the report that was sent to me on the apache-bugdb
> > mailing list?
> >
> If you go to
>
> http://dev.apache.org/private/bugdb.cgi
>
> you log in from there. If you've got a hyperreal account, the name &
> passwd should be the same, unless you've changed passwd since Brian made
> the .htpasswd file.

Dean has an account on taz but isn't in the htpasswd file
(/export/apache/.htpasswd-dbm.db).  Anyone in the httpd group can add
someone (or themself...) but it won't work right until someone with root
(ie. brian) adds them to the GNATS submitters and responsible files.

To just add information to the record for a PR without changing the state,
send mail to apbugs@apache.org with a subject matching:

        (.*re[ \t]*(\[[0-9]+\])?:)?[ \t]*([-a-z0-9_+.]*/([0-9]+))

in the right way.  A subject like:

        Re: pending/205: foobar baz

works, where pending/205 is the category and PR#.  If you mess up and put
the wrong subject gnats will say "what the heck do I do with this?" and
put it in a special catagory (pending) jand whine at brian.

Information sent this way will be recorded in the PR but will not be sent
to the submitter, so cc them if you want them to see it.

> After that, it's point & click. You want to change the responsible
> person's name when you update so we know who changed things.

Not unless you are doing something special with it.  There is a history
maintained of who changed what, so it is not necessary to change the owner
unless you are doing something special with it or it is your area, eg.
proxy stuff.  Remember that changing the owner means that further state
changes won't be sent out to the bugs list.

Re: bug db stuff

Posted by Chuck Murcko <ch...@topsail.org>.

--
chuck