Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com> on 2006/07/28 20:39:00 UTC

another gentle reminder: -Psourcecheck

When doing a check-in or submitting a patch, please remember to run
mvn with -Psourcecheck to ensure checkstyle and PMD pass. I've
forgotten myself a couple of times but I have noticed the build has
failed several times recently due to PMD errors.

Thanks,
Jim

Re: another gentle reminder: -Psourcecheck

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
Yea we should. I'll see what we can do. I should caveat this that it
applies only to Java SCA but others may want to consider it for DAS
and SDO (you may want to customize it since the codebases use
different formatting guidelines). While codestyle and PMD can be a
bit dictatorial at times, I have found them helpful at catching silly
mistakes and keeping the code formatting consistent.

Jim

Posted by Jim Marino <jm...@myromatours.com>.
There have been a number of messages to the list related to this but
as Brent suggested this should go into the coding standards.
Unfortunately I don't use Eclipse but I'm not aware of any
significant problems with it and the rules enforced by Checkstyle or
PMD. Are you having a particular problem on Eclipse?

Jim

Posted by ant elder <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brent Daniel <br...@gmail.com>.