Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Hannes Korte <ha...@iais.fraunhofer.de> on 2010/06/01 16:24:57 UTC

wrong lucene package in solr trunk?

Hi,

In order to use the current trunk version of solr, I built it running
"ant package" in trunk/solr and added the resulting maven artifacts to
my project.

Unfortunately the generated pom.xml-files contain the dependency to
lucene-*-2.9.1, but are compiled with the contents of
trunk/solr/lucene-libs.

Running solr this leads to a NoSuchMethodError in
org.apache.lucene.util.Version, because the 2.9.1 version does not
contain the valueOf-method, which is called from the current solr trunk
code.

Of course I could manually build maven artifacts from the jars contained
in lucene-libs, but this is a rather ugly solution. Does anybody know an
elegant way to handle this?

Best regards,
Hannes

Re: wrong lucene package in solr trunk?

Posted by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org>.
: In order to use the current trunk version of solr, I built it running
: "ant package" in trunk/solr and added the resulting maven artifacts to
: my project.

the trunk is definitley in flux now with the way Lucene & solr (and the
new "modules" directory) are all designed to be built as one monolithic
release.

ultimatley it should be possible to build the individual pieces seperately
9and to a large extent you can already do that) but it doesn't suprise me
at all that the POMs don't make sense at the moment.

Bottom line: your best bet for right now if you want to build from source,
is to check out hte full Lucene trunk
(https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/dev/trunk/) instead of just Solr,
and build at the top level -- using all hte jars produced instead of
trusting that any of hte POMs will be correct.

(The simple fact is even if the POMs were correct, because it's all one
trunk now the Solr POMs would refer to Lucene jars that don't exist in any
repository - because they are all compiled at once)

-Hoss