Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com> on 2005/08/09 11:32:02 UTC

Maven properties inside java code

Hello all,
  i am using Maven to build my project, but i am stuck with a problem.
In running my tests, i would like to reuse inside my tests some
properties defined in my project.properties.
for example, i have to load a connection to a database (in my dbunit
test), and i would like to pick databasename,user,password etc from
project.properties.

i have defined thos eproperties in project.properties, and in my
dbunit file i am calling
System.getProperty("db.user") for example

but i get back null

can anyone help me ou t?>

thanx in advance and regards
 marco

Re: Maven properties inside java code

Posted by Thomas Van de Velde <th...@gmail.com>.
Marco,
 You have to pass the location of poroject.properties to the JVM by adding -
Dproperties.path=/yourpath/to/project.properties. Then you use the Java
properties api to load this properties file and read your key.
 Rgds,
Thomas

Re: Maven properties inside java code / solved

Posted by Marco Mistroni <mm...@gmail.com>.
hello,
 sorry i solve dit by defining
# Maven JUnit SysProperties...
maven.junit.sysproperties=db.url db.user db.password db.driver db.seedfile
db.url=jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/test
db.user=root
db.password=mypass
db.driver=com.mysql.jdbc.Driver