Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org> on 2004/04/21 08:25:12 UTC

Re: [Proposal] Enabling/Disabling Section Titles In Menu

Brian S. Hayes wrote:

> Proposal: Add support to the skin configuration (skinconf.xml) for enabling
> or disabling section titles in menus.

> The krysalis-site skin will put a page's section titles with corresponding
> links in the menu. See the Krysalis website (http://
> http://www.krysalis.org/) for examples.   The forrest-site skin places the
> section titles in a bullet list under the header title. It would be nice if
> this feature (section titles in the menu) could be disabled or enabled from
> the skin configuration.  Thus, XSLT changes to site2xhtml.xsl could be
> avoided for the casual user.
>
> There have been related discussion about sub-menus before on the Forrest-dev
> mailing list:
> . new skins with collapsible menus (starting Thu, 31 Jul 2003)
> . Menu questions (starting Thu, 31 Jul 2003)
>
> I have already implemented this feature in a modified krysalis-site and
> would be happy to contribute the changes to the Forrest effort.
>
> I have only begun to think about what this proposal might mean to the other
> skins.  For example, should there be a skin configuration for having a
> bulleted list of section titles under the header title (as with the
> forrest-skin)?

The new krysalis-site and tigris-style skins now have the ability to
decide where to put the page summary.
See if the latest HEAD is in line with your needs. If not, we'd be happy
to integrate your modifications :-)

             - verba volant, scripta manent -

Re: [Proposal] Enabling/Disabling Section Titles In Menu

Posted by Juan Jose Pablos <ch...@che-che.com>.
Brian S. Hayes escribió:

> However, I've come to realize that my skinconf.xml is not being processed --
> site2html.xsl does not appear to be using a properly set config variable.
> For example putting a simple
> results in simply <p>[]</p>
>
> /Brian

Are you able to test this out now?

Cheers,
Cheche

RE: [Proposal] Enabling/Disabling Section Titles In Menu

Posted by "Brian S. Hayes" <br...@comcast.net>.
> > Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
> >>The new krysalis-site and tigris-style skins now have the ability to
> >>decide where to put the page summary.
> >>See if the latest HEAD is in line with your needs. If not, we'd be happy
> >>to integrate your modifications :-)

> > [Brian] I did an extraction using SVN (just a default extraction without
> specifying
> > any version).  The concept looks good! However, it seems that the
> > toc/@location="page" or toc/@location="page,menu" does not currently
> work
> > (which is fine for me right now).
>
> With which skin?

krysalis-site

Posted by Nicola Ken Barozzi <ni...@apache.org>.
Brian S. Hayes wrote:
>>Brian S. Hayes wrote:
>>
>>>Proposal: Add support to the skin configuration (skinconf.xml) for
>>>enabling or disabling section titles in menus.
>
> Nicola Ken Barozzi wrote:
>
>>The new krysalis-site and tigris-style skins now have the ability to
>>decide where to put the page summary.
>>See if the latest HEAD is in line with your needs. If not, we'd be happy
>>to integrate your modifications :-)
>
> I did an extraction using SVN (just a default extraction without specifying
> any version).  The concept looks good! However, it seems that the
> toc/@location="page" or toc/@location="page,menu" does not currently work
> (which is fine for me right now).

With which skin?

I remember that it used to work on krysalis-site and tigris-style... I
can't check now as the skins selections seems to be broken on my branch,
and I don't have a fast connection now to download the trunk.

Posted by "Brian S. Hayes" <br...@comcast.net>.