Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Christopher Pisz <ch...@gmail.com> on 2020/08/21 13:54:33 UTC

remotely access web console

I really want to be able to access the web console remotely for my
development testing.

I read this:
https://activemq.apache.org/components/artemis/documentation/latest/management-console.html

and it took me to this:
https://jolokia.org/reference/html/security.html

I created a file called etc/jolokia-access.xml and I put:

<remote>
  <host>localhost</host>
  <host>ip that showed in ifconfig under ppp0</host>
</remote>

I also opened port 8161 in the firewall.

However, when I open a browser and put in http://machine.domain.com:8161 I
got connection refused.

I can bring up the console locally if someone goes to the machine.
People onsite can ssh -X and get firefox working and then bring it up
locally. I cannot SSH -X firefox for whatever reason, it is completely
unresponsive, which is why I wanted to configure it somehow to just let me
use my own browser and access the page.

Any suggestions?

Re: remotely access web console

Posted by Christopher Pisz <ch...@gmail.com>.
Ah, I got it.
Had to dump the browser cache and restart artemis. All set. Thanks!

Posted by Christopher Pisz <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Pisz <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Christopher Pisz <ch...@gmail.com>.
Hell yes! Thank you so much.