Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net> on 2004/02/06 16:58:24 UTC

Dispelling Subversion FUD

On Wed, 2004-01-28 at 22:18, Greg Hudson wrote:

> Ben has been working on collecting together anti-Subversion commentary

...because for the last couple of weeks, I've been writing a short
document that tries to dispel some of the more common FUD I've heard
about Subversion.  Here's the essay, link freely and often to it:

   http://www.red-bean.com/sussman/svn-anti-fud.html

Re: Another Subversion user

Posted by "Jostein Chr. Andersen" <jo...@josander.net>.
On Saturday 07 February 2004 17.07, Garrett Rooney wrote:
> I just noticed yesterday that my Subversion book (not the one in the
> repository that's being published by O'Reilly, but another one that's
> being published by APress) just turned up on Amazon.
>
> http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/1590592905/

Dæven steike!    ;-)

Now, it's two books I just _have_ to by this year!   :-)

Jostein

--
http://www.josander.net/kontakt/ ||
http://www.josander.net/en/contact/

Re: Another Subversion user

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On Feb 7, 2004, at 10:53 AM, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

> On Sat, 2004-02-07 at 02:42, Martin Tomes wrote:
>
>> A question, when is the book likely to be published on paper?
>
> No promises, but we're hoping that O'Reilly will release a paper
> version
> in June.

I just noticed yesterday that my Subversion book (not the one in the
repository that's being published by O'Reilly, but another one that's
being published by APress) just turned up on Amazon.

Now I suppose I /have/ to finish writing it...

-garrett

Re: Another Subversion user

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.

Another Subversion user

Posted by Martin Tomes <ma...@server15.ukservers.net>.
Having used Subversion myself for just over a year and been very
impressed by it I have just persuaded my company (which is a big CVS
user) to migrate to Subversion.  I have to say that the performance
improvements which have been made to Subversion over the last year are
impressive, early last year I tried to import our project at work (which
is large) and it crashed out after a couple of hours.  With 0.37.0 it
went in in minutes.

Re: Dispelling Subversion FUD

Posted by Gareth McCaughan <ga...@pobox.com>.
On Friday 06 February 2004 4:58 pm, Ben Collins-Sussman wrote:

>    http://www.red-bean.com/sussman/svn-anti-fud.html

Very nice. But you probably didn't quite mean it to say

  | A well-functioning system should need its repository "hacked".

:-)

Re: Dispelling Subversion FUD

Posted by Gareth McCaughan <ga...@pobox.com>.