Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Ricardo R. Ramírez Valenzuela" <rr...@itesm.mx> on 2005/06/02 01:34:43 UTC

Can't load myfaces in Orion

I'm trying to setup myfaces in orion 2.0.2 (www.orionserver.com), I have
successfully run one application using myfaces, the problem is when I
try to load two of them.

First of all, it required some tweaks. For some reason orion can't find
the taglibs tld's, so I had to look for the tld files in the jar's and
put them in my WEB-INF and web.xml. I created a sample faces
application, loaded the jars in WEB-INF/lib and it ran fine.

Then I created another application (in it's one war and web module), now
I have two web applications and each of them have the faces' classes in
their lib directory. The problem is that it seems that faces is loading
twice, and I'm getting this exception:

SEVERE: Error initializing ServletContext
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Class
org.apache.myfaces.application.ActionListenerImpl is no
javax.faces.event.ActionListener
    at
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.getApplicationObject(FacesConfigurator.java:560)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configureApplication(FacesConfigurator.java:464)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.config.FacesConfigurator.configure(FacesConfigurator.java:215)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.initFaces(StartupServletContextListener.java:105)
    at
org.apache.myfaces.webapp.StartupServletContextListener.contextInitialized(StartupServletContextListener.java:88)
    at com.evermind._ay._lee(.:552)
    at com.evermind._ay.<init>(.:317)
    at com.evermind._am._rtb(.:607)
    at com.evermind._ex._rtb(.:581)
    at com.evermind._eu._kae(.:482)
    at com.evermind._eu._bi(.:226)
    at com.evermind._ex._bn(.:240)
    at com.evermind._ex._bi(.:146)
    at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer._gke(.:1730)
    at com.evermind.server.ApplicationServer._bi(.:1068)
    at com.evermind._ctb.run(.:89)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
    at com.evermind._bf.run(.:47)

A workaround I tried is adding all the jars in the orion/lib directory
(Orion loads all the files there as if they were "global" classes), and
yes, that fixed the problem, no more exceptions when I start Orion.

However...... when I try to load a message bundle I get a "SEVERE: can't
find mysite.Messages resource bundle"
And yes, mysite.Message exists in WEB-INF/classes/mysite, that was the
application that was working fine before I tried adding a second one

This is getting tricky, any suggestions?

Re: Can't load myfaces in Orion

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.
I added the information you has given in the wiki
(http://wiki.apache.org/myfaces/) - Installation and configuration.
Please, feel free to add more details to the Orion configuration.
Anyone can register to the wiki to add new content. Help and
experiences are needed in the wiki ;-) whatever myfaces-related...

Regards,

Bruno

Posted by Bruno Aranda <br...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Ricardo R. Ramírez Valenzuela" <rr...@itesm.mx>.