Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly> on 2014/04/18 18:51:05 UTC

Reporting Metrics to Apache Kafka and Monitoring with Consumers

Hi, we started a new github project for using Kafka as the central point
for all application and infrastructure metrics
https://github.com/stealthly/metrics-kafka/.

We started off with implementing a Metrics Reporter (for Coda Hale's
metrics) which produces (reports) the statistics to a Kafka topic.  We also
created an example consumer for monitoring those metrics using Riemann.
 More details in the blog post
http://allthingshadoop.com/2014/04/18/metrics-kafka/ and more producers to
follow (probably consumers too).

Thoughts, comments, questions, feedback, tomatoes, pull requests are all
welcome =8^)

 Joe Stein
 Founder, Principal Consultant
 Big Data Open Source Security LLC
 http://www.stealth.ly

Re: Reporting Metrics to Apache Kafka and Monitoring with Consumers

Posted by Joe Stein <jo...@stealth.ly>.
Thanks Jun! I added it to the ecosystem page.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.